How To Confirm A Trip
To request a trip or package kindly send us a detailed email from our contact page or to SeahorseDive@gmail.com with the trip or package your wish to book, the date, and the number of people in your party. A 50% deposit is required to book a trip and full payment is due 14 days before the trip/package start date.
Reservations are made by using our Credit Card Authorization Form. The form will be e-mailed to your once the details of the trip/package are confirmed.
We accept all major credit cards including VISA, Master Card, AMEX, and Discover. Credit card payments are charged in Belize dollars using our local credit card machine. The exchange rate in Belize is $2BZD to $1USD. However, the final amount on your statement will be a little greater due to currency conversion and bank/credit card charges. The amount varies but is approximately $1 for every $100. Please note that we have no control over these fees, we recommend you check with your bank/credit card company if you are unsure about these fees.
Booking, Cancellation, and Refunds
- To confirm your package/tours 50% deposit is required. Full payment is due 14 days before the package/tour start date (or by an alternative date agreed between you and the Company).
- All cancellations must be in writing to Seahorse Dive Shop.
- Trip canceled more than 60 days before booking start date is subject to a 10% administration fee, plus any cost and penalties incurred to hotels/suppliers.
A cancellation fee equal to deposit applies to bookings canceled between 30 and 14 days prior to the booking start date.
- No refunds will be issued for calculations within 14 days before the booking of the start date.
- No refunds for cancellations due to weather, airline delays/cancellations, illness, or no show. (Seahorse Dive Shop reserve the right to cancel any tour or booking if deemed unfit to carry out in which case a full refund will be issued).
- No refunds will be given for unused package portions or tours.
- Seahorse Dive Shop reserve the right to change our typical itineraries at any time and at our discretion. As professionals, we will endeavor to avoid this and if this is necessary, we will substitute alternative arrangements of comparable monetary value.
- We strongly recommend that all guests purchase travel insurance.
Belize is generally subject to fair conditions with sunny skies and calm seas, with the occasional squalls passing through. Weather events outside of the normal range are very unusual and rare and occur during passing “Northers” and tropical storms. Since many of our activities are subject to weather, some activities may be canceled or made not available in some weather conditions. However, they may be postponed until the next available day.
If you have a confirmed reservation for a trip and the weather appears to be questionable, we ask that you come to our office and check-in as to the status of the trip. Often it might rain in the morning but then it clears up and we can still head out on the trip and have a great day at sea.
Guests are advised to obtain adequate travel insurance to cover cancellation due to ill health, accident, etc.. Our friends and colleagues at DAN offer trip insurance to cover all your travel needs. For more details please see: https://www.diversalertnetwork.org/travel/
You can also search Google to find a travel insurance package that meets your needs and preferences.
If you or a member of your travel group has special dietary requirements, please advise us at the time of booking to ensure adequate arrangements can be made to meet your needs.